- Incorporate through the State of Georgia
- $160 filing fee
- $50 annual fee
- Takes approximately 1 month for the paperwork to be processed
- Apply for EIN number form SS-4 (can be done on-line)
- No cost
- 5 minutes
- File Form 1023 EZ with the IRS
- $400 filing fee
- Takes 2-6 months to be process (may claim 501(c)(3) status once 1023 is filed).
- Must file Form 990N (postcard) with IRS every year
- Hold meeting of the group. Record minutes, vote on officers (if needed) vote to incorporate, vote to adopt constitution and bylaws.
- Mail to Secretary of State:
- Letter to file by mail
- Two copies of Articles of Incorporation
- Transmittal Form
- Check for filing fees (please check website, the fee may change)
- Self-addressed stamped envelope
- Notice of Incorporation to legal organ plus $40 fee
- Friends Group Constitution and Bylaws
- Notice of Incorporation
- Articles of Incorporation
- Letter to File by Mail
Disclaimer: Communication of information or documents by, in, to or through this Web site and/or e-mail is for informational purposes only. Your receipt or use of it is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice, and is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a qualified attorney. You should not act upon any such information without first seeking qualified professional counsel on your specific matter.